Vitabiotics Pregnacare Breast-Feeding Dual Pack - 56 Tablets and 28 Capsules
Pregnacare® Breast-feeding provides comprehensive multivitamin support combined with calcium & omega-3 fatty acids, which are especially important at this time.
Vitabiotics Pregnacare Breast-Feeding dual pack. Vitamin, mineral and calcium tablets plus Omega-3 capsules, for the months following childbirth and during breast-feeding.
When is Pregnacare Breast-feeding recommended?
- The ideal postnatal supplement for the 6-9 months following childbirth, to help ensure optimum levels of nutrients and assist the body following pregnancy.
- can be taken whether or not you are breast-feeding.
- To maintain health throughout breast-feeding as the intake recommedations of certain nutrients are increased during lactation. Maternal breast-feeding is strongly recommended for the newborn baby as it provides essential nutrients and antibodies for long term health.
- To help maintain bone health in mothers who avoid diary products and for breast-feeding mums. Contains the recommnded 10ug vitamin D3 and the RNI of 700mg calcium (Reference Nutrient Intake) Pregnacare® Breast-feeding provides:
- 700mg calcium, plus magnesium and vitamin D3 which are also important for healthy bone development.
- Iron, B complex to help support new blood formation and for energy release at a time when there are considerable demands on a new mum.
Each capsule provides 300mg DHA, the level recommended by international experts for mums during lactation.
- DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) supplied from the mother’s breast milk plays an essential role in the new baby’s brain and eye development. Infants have limited capability to synthesize fatty acids, which therefore must be obtained direct fromexternal sources such as the mother’s milk.
- During breast-feeding, the infant’s brain continues to take up DHA and 15% of brain growth occurs after birth. DHA is required for optimum brain function
- Contains the purest pharmaceutical grade fish oil, produced in Norway.
- No artificial colours
- No preservatives
- No gluten
- No lactose
- No salt or yeast
- Not tested on animals
Suitable for adults
How to use
Two (2) Pregnacare® Breast-Feeding tablets per day, plus one (1) omega-3 capsule per day. Swallow each with water or a cold drink and take with a main meal.
Not to be chewed. Do not exceed recommended intake. Take on a full stomach. Can be started at any point after childbirth, and used for as long as required during and after breast-feeding.
When is Pregnacare® Breast-feeding recommended?
The ideal postnatal supplement for the 6-9 months following childbirth, to help ensure optimum levels of nutrients.
Can be taken whether or not you are breast-feeding and can be used for as long as required. This comprehensive formula replaces other Pregnacare® supplements. No other additional multivitamin is necessary.
To maintain health throughout breast-feeding as the intake recommendations of certain nutrients are increased during lactation. Maternal breast-feeding is strongly recommended for the newborn baby as it provides essential nutrients and antibodies for long term health.
To help maintain normal bone health in mothers who avoid dairy products and for breast-feeding mothers. Contains the recommended 10µg vitamin D3 and the RNI of 700mg calcium (Reference Nutrient Intake).
Hazards and Cautions
Food Supplements are intended to supplement the diet and should not be substituted for a varied diet or healthy lifestyle.
While every care has been taken to ensure this information is always as accurate as possible, food products are regularly improved and nutrition content may occasionally change. As a result we recommend that you always read the label carefully before using or consuming any products. Nutritional Reference Value (NRV) information is based on the typical composition of the product. Guideline daily amounts are those for a typical adult (men and women).NRV information for non Boots products is calculated by the manufacturer. Boots has no control over the recipe or nutritional content of such products and information on this site may differ to that given on the product label. We would therefore recommend you do not solely rely on this information and always read the product label. If you have any queries, or you would like advice on Boots products please contact our friendly Customer care team on 0345 609 0055.
This information was last updated 16/09/2014
As with other food supplements, seek professional advice before using if you are under medical supervision or suffer from food allergies. Contains high purity fish oil.
As Pregnacare® contains vitamin K, if you are taking oral anticoagulants (e.g warfarin) do not take Pregnacare® except on the advice of a doctor. Vitamin K is not known to specifically interact with the action of aspirin or heparin.
This product contains iron, which if taken in excess, may be harmful to very young children.
Store below 25°C in a dry place.
Keep out of sight and reach of children.
Country of Origin: UK
Manufacturers Address: Vitabiotics Ltd, 1 Apsley Way, London, NW2 7HF, England.